The umbrella hole

 


Museum guard booth umbrella 

Oil on canvas, 11 x 14, 2023

It reminds me of an alien thing that just made a crater in the earth. I love images like this  that aren’t quite immediately recognizable, you have to pause a moment and figure out what it is.  I love to collect these photos, to use as reference for paintings, of slightly strange things like this that speak to me. I remember it was a sunny day when I was stationed in the guard booth which has large curved windows facing where vehicles enter. I quickly grabbed my phone and took the picture at that moment because the light was just right. I’m glad the umbrella keeps us dry in the rain when we’re at work in the parking lot directing vehicles to the right place at the right time. 

Link to this painting on my Etsy page >


https://etsy.me/3I1EUxE



Comments

Popular Posts