Painted boat painted, then painted


 This is a recent painting of a boat which was originally made as an object upon which to paint, in about 2002, like a canvas or a piece of paper. I then painted on the boat, not in the sense of painting a boat green or blue, but as a form of expression, like trying to paint art on a canvas. I gave it a variety of colored dabs to make it sparkle, so it might look like “Art” 

The painting you see here above is a painting of the painted boat. Then finally, I re painted the sail of the boat, the one in in the painting, the way you would paint something a color, like the ordinary way a workman in a boat yard would paint a boat, in this case the sail. Hence the title: Painted boat painted, painted.

I remember sailing this boat, which I still have, in the Charles river, following along in my Kayak. It’s about 18 or 20 inches long. I call it my “leaf boat” because the shape of the sail reminds me of a leaf.

Comments

Popular Posts