Humidifier painting


I like to paint things that are not immediately obvious candidates for things to be painted.

I like the shapes of the humidifier and the weird blue color of transparent water tank part. I used to paint water tanks all the time out of my imagination, now here it is in real life.


Worked on it some more. It’s been very intense trying to paint it neatly without any lumps, bumps, and mistakes. (I’ve been painting this way only for the last four years or so. Before that I painted from my imagination) There’s something refreshing about having a clear objective, to look very intensely at something, and try and paint it. It feels more like hard work, in a good sense. 

I used to feel like art was so open ended, you had to be daring, you had to challenge the establishment, you had to be big and bold like the American way of doing things. I’ve come to realize that it’s perfectly okay to not do that. Instead, I’m going to connect to things that interest me in a visual way. Ordinary things, like portable humidifiers.











Comments

Popular Posts