A voyage near the hatch shell

Last Sunday afternoon, I decided to sail in a different place for a change, you know, mix it up a bit. I took my "James J Storrow" on the green line subway to Arlington Station, and walked over the foot bridge to a dock on the Charles river to sail from. Its the dock that's right between Community Boating, and the famous hatch shell. I think it has something to do with somebodies rowing club, there's a building right there that has lots of rowing shells in it. I thought maybe I might meet some like minded sailing enthusiasts coming and going from Community Boating. It was a perfect day, the first weekend that wasn't crazy hot.

My objective was to get pictures of my "James J Storrow" from just above water level, using my flip up camera screen, with real boats in the background to give the illusion that she's a real thirty two footer or something. Also I think I finally figured out how to do the ISO or whatever its called, so the pictures don't turn out over-exposed.

A couple of times, the "James J" would be sailing beautifully along and suddenly come to a stop on a large clump of weeds floating in the river. I simply remained calm, waited or her to back away from the weeds, and sailed around them.

It was nice to have more opportunity to show the boat sailing to more people. there were several families with kids that came out on the dock to have a closer look, which is always gratifying.








Comments

Popular Posts