Catboat#10

Progress- Interior waterproofing with Shellac (because I like to), servo tray with battery box and much thought on how to lead the loop from the winch up to the bow. The challenge is how to design the servo tray in such a way that it will fit into and out of the cabin along with its long arm that holds the other end of the winch loop. I'm rather glad that I'm thinking it through in the right order. It's much easier to plan and de-bug the servo tray before building the cabin over it.

The week before I spent all afternoon fitting the cockpit floor inside the hull. Sand a little, test fit, repeat, sand a little, test fit, repeat. Eventually it fit right. Before that, I spent a good deal of time debating in my mind about weather to even have a cockpit floor, or just continue the deck all the way across to keep out water when she heels. In the end I decided she would have enough buoyancy to keep sailing after a knock-down, and the water could just drain out some scupper holes at the aft and of the cockpit. Fingers crossed, I think it will work.

Also started making the giant barn door rudder.


Comments

Popular Posts