Catboat #5

I made one or two mistakes, but managed to get the lifts cut out. I think it will be rather tricky to line them all up accurately before gluing because if you make a small mistake between the alignment of two of them, the alignment of the next one after that will be potentially even farther off. I did try something new. I marked not only the vertical section lines, but also the horizontal water line to help line things up in all directions. For one of the lifts I cut the cut-away all the way aft past the stern, instead of up to the sheer. I'm going to have to fill that in with an additional little block of wood.

I cant wait to get it carved up so I can test float it with a CR-914 keel bulb. She's pretty short ended but definitely wide, so the 3 1/2 pound bulb might work which would be great. The conservative sail plan I drew is about 440 square inches, and the CR-914 is about 580 square inches, so maybe something in the range of 500 square inches would work pretty good. That high bow with all its reserve buoyancy will be fun to watch.


Comments

Popular Posts