This is my dream...

to build this boat-

http://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/wooden-sailboat-kits/eastport-pram/eastport-pram-rowing-sailing-kit.html



Just need to save up the money, find a place to epoxy and paint it without bothering anyone with the fumes, and also a place to keep it when not in use. I have the storage downstairs which might work for that. I figure I can make a two wheeled dolly that it could ride on to get to the Charles river, plus a third small wheel under the skeg. That way I'm not balancing it on the two wheels like I was with the other dinghy I made a few years ago. The oars could double as wheel barrow handles as well to improve ergonomics further.

Anyway the good wife is encouraging me to pursue my dreams. I think this is a pretty good design and would sail well and be easily car toppable too.

Comments

Popular Posts